Which is the best web browser for me?
We are living in the golden age of web browsers where users are spoiled for choice. From Edge, Mozilla, Chrome and others you cannot go wrong with these popular browsers, but few things give each a competitive edge.
According to techradar, Google has a cross-platform use, incredibly stable and has an excellent aesthetic look that takes up minimum screen space. It has a variety of easily obtained and installed extensions, parental controls and other settings for efficiency.
- Chrome syncs settings across browsers
- It simplifies searching with its Omnibox, which is an all-purpose, integrated bar at the top of the browser
- It is fast due to its multiprocess foundation; a slow site cannot drag down the rest of your browsing
- Due to heavy memory use, it does not work well on machines with limited RAM
- Chrome stores passwords in plain text
Once the most popular browser, Mozilla is now behind Chrome regarding design and popularity. It has regular updates every six weeks and has a range of extensions. Overall, it is flexible but can be sluggish with many plugins installed.
- Often considered secure, partially due to being open-source
- It has social network integration
- Has a built-in voice and video calling
- It does not have integrated Flash support
- It does not automatically resume downloads when there is a freeze in network
According to ItPro, Microsoft Edge integrates well with Windows 10, and it is well streamlined for the current web page. It has done away with the code (ActiveX, VBScript, and browser helper objects) that caused Internet Explorer to be a target for malware. Edge is a user-friendly browser with a pleasant experience.
- Fast and lightweight
- Has a simple interface
- Integrated Adobe Flash and PDF support
- It has a few available extensions
- Does not have full-screen site vies or history search
- Uses massive memory
Many of us have our preferred web browser and we would not change it unless something terrible happened. What is important is that you are getting what you are looking for from a web browser whether it is customization, speed or privacy. Be sure to check the settings as well as understand the various features offered by the developer to get the best internet browsing experience.